Automated and Chemical-free
Cooling Coil Preventative Maintenance
Indoor Air Quality
The CoilCare Product Family
The ultraviolet light germicidal disinfection system for commercial HVAC equipment, including cooling coils, drain pans, and ventilation ductwork.
Never clean your coils again
Save thousands of dollars per year
By the Numbers – the Cost of Dirty Coils
HVAC systems can account for up to 60% of a building's total energy costs*
Dirty HVAC coils waste up to 25% additional energy*
Percentage of indoor air quality problems related to HVAC (absenteeism, lost productivity)**
6 out of 10 indoor spaces are hazardous to their occupants' health due to air pollution***
**Source: National Energy Management Institute
***Source: Underwriters Laboratories
The CoilCare Product Family
The CoilCare CCX, our most popular product, is designed to be mounted internally in commercial-grade air handling units.
The lamps measure 18 to 64 inches, making CoilCare CCX ideal for applications of any size.
CoilCare CCX - OEM
The CCX-OEM is designed for seamless factory-mounting in commercial and industrial air handling units.
The fixtures and lamps are available in sizes between 18 to 64 inches to match coil disinfection projects of all sizes.
CCX-OEM is rack-mounted on standard DIN rail for simple installation and quick lamp replacement.
CoilCare CCX - PM
The CoilCare CCX – PM is designed to be mounted in HVAC systems externally, significantly reducing install time.
The CCX – PM lamp measures 18 to 36 inches, ideal for mid-sized applications.
CoilCare CCX - DM
The CCX-DM® is the easiest to install UVGI light system on the market.
CCX-DM is UL Listed, CE marked, and features an advanced custom power supply with a lifetime warranty.
The CCX-DM is a perfect fit for any size AHU, FCU, or RTU.
CCX-DM’s high output UV system features an easy mounting system and quick connect that enables fast installation and quick lamp replacement.
Easy to install
- Quick Connect wiring — system is pre-wired for plug-and-play
- Includes one or more UV lamps and a photon concentrator
- Stainless steel available
What is Biofilm?
- An insulator, reducing efficiency of heat exchange
- It fills interstitial spaces, increasing pressure drop across an HVAC coil
- It produces sulfite-reducing bacteria, causing corrosion to an HVAC system
The Financial Impact of BioFilm
The thicker the biofilm, the higher the costs in energy consumption. A layer of biofilm equal to the width of a human hair (70-150 microns) can reduce energy efficiency by 5.3%.
A layer of film 900 microns thick can reduce energy efficiency by 32.2%.
If your building can benefit from an automated, chemical-free cooling coil cleaning system,
Improved Indoor Air Quality
$145 billion dollars per year.The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory states that illnesses related to polluted indoor air cost the United States’ economy more than $145 billion dollars per year.
CoilCare UV solutions prevent microorganisms from growing by destroying their ability to replicate.
For more information, see “How CoilCare Works,” below.
Long-term Health Benefits
- Reduced microbial contamination within HVAC systems by more than 90%
- Lower respiratory illnesses among occupants by more than 40%
- Natural solution to the problem of drug-resistant and chemical-resistant infectious diseases
Automatic Coil Cleaning
- Lower energy bills from cleaner coils
- Fewer breakdowns and less wear-and-tear on your system
- Longer HVAC system life
Heat Transfer Efficiency
- Improvements in Chilled Water Delta T
- Lower energy bills
- Reduction in pressure drop and improvement in air velocity
CoilCare can increase the efficiency of heat transfer from air to water by up to 76%
Immediate Financial Benefits
- Human element – The Coilcare system cleans coils 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, automatically, saving significant labor and cleaning material costs while freeing up staff for other building maintenance projects
- Heat transfer – Improving the coil’s heat transfer abilities by using UV light to eliminate mold on coils can potentially return a payback in efficiency gains in as little as six months. Chillers are required to operate less.
- Improved system pressure – Removing biofilm increases the air velocity up to 9 percent, resulting in an HVAC system with the high static pressure across the coil for which it was designed.
- Longer equipment replacement cycles – Clean coil extends the life of the entire HVAC system.
- Energy savings – BioZone customers typically report up to a 25% energy savings. ASHRAE studies show similar results.
Total Cost of Ownership
A CoilCare system can pay for itself in less than 1 year.
Find out more about the CoilCare solution family
A Solution for Every HVAC System
The CoilCare solution is made up of components which work with any combination of air handling equipment.
Residential or commercial, each CoilCare system is designed for simplicity of use. Commercial systems are highly customizable and easily serviced by trained technicians. Detailed instructions and replacement parts, including ultraviolet bulbs, are available from BioZone.
Regulatory Compliance and Certifications
Disinfection of cooling coils by UV treatment is required in every United States Federal Government building. (Source: GSA)
- Convention centers
- Office buildings
- Government facilities
- Theme parks
- Museums and libraries
- Hotels and resorts
- Airports and train stations
- Cruise lines
The BioZone Technology Advantage
How CoilCare Works
A Powerful Technology Ingredient
Installation at a Glance
ALREADY USING A CLEANING SOLUTION?
DON'T HAVE A CLEANING SOLUTION?
Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, we serve clients globally, with offices in 5 countries on 3 continents.